The John Lewis Partnership is a remarkable organisation. Built on the twin pillars of John Lewis department stores and Waitrose food shops, we have continued to grow, introduce fresh ideas, and uphold our principles of quality, service and value.
In short, we’ve evolved a distinct and successful brand of retailing that customers recognise and trust. So much so that, in the Customer Satisfaction Index 2006 carried out by industry analysts Verdict Research, John Lewis and Waitrose took first and second places.
John Lewis is the largest department store group in the UK with a network of shops stretching from Aberdeen to Bristol. Based mainly in the South, Midlands and East of England, Waitrose is a pioneer of fresh food retail and the first ever winner of the Organic Supermarket of the Year award. More recently, Waitrose was voted Britain’s favourite supermarket in a ‘Which?’ survey 2006.
Working at John Lewis
Working with the Partnership means:
- Making sure that looking after our customers is our top priority. We rely on them for our future. So we must provide the best choice, quality and value in the goods and services we offer, wherever we work.
- Behaving towards others as we want them to behave towards us. Whether colleague, customer or supplier, all of us want to be treated honestly, fairly and with courtesy.
- Playing an active and valued role that makes a positive difference to the environment and communities in which we are based.
The Partnership is its people. And people working together is all about:
- Sharing ideas, and using our skills and knowledge to turn them into reality.
- Valuing each other as individuals.
- Trusting one another.
- Helping each other to maximise our potential through personal support and encouragement
- Using our initiative, creativity and energy whenever there's an opportunity to improve what we are doing.
- Recognising and celebrating success.
- Being open and honest.
- Tackling difficult issues fairly.
- Having fun!